Boca Raton Community Church
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and existing eternally in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe that Satan is a created being, a fallen angel and enemy of God and man. Satan has been defeated through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and one day will be thrown in the lake of fire.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- We believe that the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and those who receive Him are born of the Holy Spirit, thus becoming children of God and possessing eternal life.
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. It will be our practice to baptize by immersion following conversion.
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ to establish His Kingdom on earth, and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.